MC
Posted By
Martin_Coleman
Jun 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t get edge to edge printing using PS 7.0 and Epson 950 printer.

Any advice?

martin

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Walls
Jun 11, 2004
I can’t find any info on this model of printer. Does is definitely support edge-to-edge printing?
B
BobLevine
Jun 11, 2004
If it does, there’s a setting for it in the print setup.

Bob
GH
Gary Haley
Jun 11, 2004
Sometimes it is only available for the higher quality photo paper.

<Bob_Levine> wrote in message
If it does, there’s a setting for it in the print setup.
Bob
ML
Mike_Logan
Jun 12, 2004
I’d be surprised if ANY printer will do that, as they all need at least the space for the rollers to grip and feed the paper – which cannot be printed on.
IL
Ian_Lyons
Jun 12, 2004
Mike,

Many of the Epson’s support edge to edge printing. I printed one off a 2100 about 20 minutes back!
ML
Mike_Logan
Jun 12, 2004
Interesting…. how does it feed the paper ? I might have to invest in one.
CW
Colin_Walls
Jun 12, 2004
Mike

There are quite a few on the market, which will do prints of all sizes edge-to-edge – I think the Epson 2200 [?] does up to A3+.

I, too, would like to understand how the paper handling works.
IL
Ian_Lyons
Jun 12, 2004
Mike,

how does it feed the paper

The same way as every Epson inkjet printer produced since about 1998 (Photo 700 and EX) – rollers and pinwheels! If you have an Epson just look at how the media feeds through and you see that there’s no reason why edge to edge can’t be done. The only issue that epson had was making sure the ink that would obviously need to go past the page boundary didn’t get dropped on the rollers. If you look into the printer you will see a number of pads that placed to match up with the edge of the various media sizes Epson supply. So long as the driver supports edge to edge then there is no reason why it won’t work.
GL
Gary_L_Petersen
Jun 14, 2004
Under printer properties just check the box for borderless printing. Works like a champ on mine.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections