Posted By
scb
Oct 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Gang …

I’m running CS and often want to move a file or two from one folder to another. Doing this while using the browser would be ideal – I could just click on or highlight the file(s) I want to move and then choose a folder to which they will be moved. I’ve not found a way to do this using the browser. Have I missed something or is it just not possible to move a file from one folder to another through the browser?

Thanks!

Shel

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

QP
Q_Photo
Oct 30, 2005
I think it works about the same as any other browser. I move and copy files all the time in it. However, we can’t DELETE FOLDERS. That is the only limited feature that I’m aware of.
Q
S
scb
Oct 30, 2005
I think it works about the same as any other browser. I move and copy files all the time in it.

So, how do you do that? I’ve not found the way …

shel
EZ
Earl_Zubkoff
Oct 30, 2005
scb – you can drag a file from the right pane into any folder in the left pane. If you hold the control key while you drag, the file copies; otherwise it moves.

Q Photo – you can delete a folder from the right pane, which means its parent folder has to be highlighted in the left pane. You can do it with either the File menu or the context (right-click) menu. The limitation is that the folder must be empty, so you may need to select and delete its contents first.
QP
Q_Photo
Oct 30, 2005

1. Open browser.
2. Have FOLDERS open at left side.
3. Select folder containing photos you wish to move/copy.
4. Select, at right, (mouse click left button) to hi-lite files you want to move.
5. Hold down left button and drag (MOVE)to new folder location OR hold left button down and press “Ctrl” key to COPY files and drag to new location.

This is done the same as in My documents, My computer or Windows Explorer.

In Photoshop browser there are no move or copy commands in the menus.

Peace,
Q
QP
Q_Photo
Oct 30, 2005
Earl,
Thanks for info. We all just keep on learning.
Q
S
scb
Oct 30, 2005
Thank you both so very much! You have made my day … 😉

shel

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections