GV
Posted By
Greg_Vaughn
Jan 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The Photoshop Help section says to Move files to a different folder with the Browser to Select and then drag them to the new folder; and it says to use ALT-drag to copy the files to another folder. For some reason I can only get the browser to copy the files, not move them, whether just dragging them or trying ALT-drag. CTRL-drag also just seems to copy them. Am I missing something or do I have an incorrect Setting/Preference somewhere?

– Greg

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Y
YrbkMgr
Jan 29, 2004
What version of photoshop? In v7, you just drag it to the new folder, no modifiers. Alt and control copy it, just dragging moves it.

Peace,
Tony
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jan 29, 2004
When moving a file Windows first copies it, then deletes it. Are the source files perhaps read only? (do they originate from a CD?) If so, PS can’t delete them, so it looks like PS just copied them…
Rob
GV
Greg_Vaughn
Jan 29, 2004
Ah yes, Read Only files were the problem. Copied from CD to HD and had not unlocked them. Thanks very much!

FWIW, this is with PS CS. I hardly ever used the browser in v7 ’cause it was so limited, but the CS browser is great.

– Greg
Y
YrbkMgr
Jan 30, 2004
Golf clap for Rob. Great job!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections