Posted By
Patrick_Maun
May 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

is there a way to move flagged files via the File Browser in CS? I know I can run a batch action but woouldn’t I have to recompress the JPEGS via a Save As and end up using quality? I just want to copy the files and move them to a location. There are around 700 or so files from a folder of some 3,000 images that are flagged so revealing in finder isn’t going to work.

So, any ideas? Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BF
Bruce_Fraser
May 18, 2004
All the following instructions refer to File Browser menus.

1. Export the cache using Export Cache from the File menu

2. Choose Flagged Files from the Show menu (at the upper-right corner of the FB window).

3.) To move the files, select all, then drag them to the destination folder in the File Browser’s Folders panel. (To copy rather than move, Option-drag).
PM
Patrick_Maun
May 18, 2004
Great! I thought the cache was just the cache of the thumbnails. It never occured to me to drag from the window. Thanks!
BF
Bruce_Fraser
May 18, 2004
The cache contains all the flagging, ranking, and rotation info applied in the File Browser as well as the thumbnails and previews. I shouldn’t be strictly necessary to export it, but I find that if I do, I never lose the info when I move or copy using the File Browser, while if I don’t, I sometimes lose the flags and ranks…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections