Not able to open files in Photoshop CS – help!

A
Posted By
amach
Jul 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS on my G4 running OS 10.2.8, and when I try to open certain files, I get a pop-up window saying "Could not complete your request because write access was not granted." This just started happening to me today, but does not happen on all files. I checked to make sure my files were not locked, quit and restarted, but it still happens. Any information on this and how to fix it?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WA
Wayne_Andrews
Jul 20, 2004
It may be that you need to check the ownership of the file and change this to your user and read/write permissions.
B
Buko
Jul 20, 2004
Repair your permissions too.
A
amach
Jul 20, 2004
How does one repair permissions? I tried getting file info in the OS system to allow read and write, but it didn’t change anything. Once I restarted, the problem was solved, but I’m afraid this may happen again.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 20, 2004
<< How does one repair permissions? >>

Use Disk Utility or use Cocktail.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections