Photoshop Help File – endlessly opening….

PB
Posted By
Paul_Binns
Nov 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a problem with Photoshop CS that i experienced in other versions but never to this extent. Sometimes when opening a dialog (like the Solid Layer, or Shadows/Highlight adjustment) photoshop decides to open up the help file, sometimes up to 6 or 7 instances. Everytime i close them all down and then go back and click on the dialog box (it can be anywhere) it does it again. The result of this is that sometimes it is very hard to actually get the dialog to received a mouse click on a button.

This is becoming frustrating. I did post about this a long time ago – maybe a year or 2 even – and really thought that something like this would be fixed now. At the time several others concurred with me.

Has anyone else experienced this – is there something in particular on my system that i should be looking for that can cause this problem?

regards

Paul Binns

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Nov 16, 2003
Low system resources makes this happen in Win9x, prolly same in W2K/XP.

Mac
PB
Paul_Binns
Nov 17, 2003
Interesting

I have 512 meg RAM, and plenty of scratch disc space. I am working on PAL size (720×576) images, with up to 20 history states. I will try to track the status of open programs, undo levels etc next times it happens.

pb
SM
sam_m_brown
Nov 17, 2003
I have also had this problem on Win2K (P4 2.4Ghz 1Gb Ram) and on my new WinXP (P4 2.8 Ghz 1 Gb Ram) Machines – and have never had it while working on my really large work more the mid sized stuff…Both were on Photoshop 7 when it happened – I Don’t think it ever happened in 6.

….if (when) happens again will look into these and post here, Doesn’t happen a lot to me but is frustrating when it does…

Cheers,

Sam.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections