DJ
Posted By
douglas_j_reynolds
Dec 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

1) Perhaps it is too early in the A.M. but I am accustomed to Photoshop and am staring at the Elements2 screen here trying to find the equivalent of a leading/line spacing tool. How do I adjust leading in PSE2?

2) When using a preset gradient fill, not a gradient layer I have created in the later palette, how do I move the gradient around to position the colours?

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 27, 2003
I’ll answer question 1! There is no leading and/or line spacing in Elements, because they figured people who would be doing a lot of work with text would be sticking with full Photoshop. It isn’t a good piece of software for text.

Somebody else will have to answer the gradient question because I don’t work with them often enough to remember anything from one time to the next. 🙂
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 27, 2003
I’ve seen it posted before that some members of the forum are using layers to control line spacing in elements.

Can we do that with gradients in elements?
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 27, 2003
Yes, Terri, layers will let you control the line spacing, providing you put each line of text on a separate layer. Once that’s done, you can move them anywhere. Full Photoshop, though, has the ability to do much more, and I’m quite sure that’s what this gentleman is looking for.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections