J
Posted By
joyp
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In version 6, I could choose a background color and a foreground color and have the gradient go from one to the other. NOW in version 7, when I hit gradient, I get so many possibilities that I don’t know how to get the simple gradient like I used to do. Can someone help

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
bhilton665
Oct 31, 2003

In version 6, I could choose a background color and a foreground color and have the gradient go from one to the other. NOW in version 7, when I hit gradient, I get so many possibilities that I don’t know how to get the simple gradient like I used to do. Can someone help

Once you have Gradient tool selected go to the gradient tool bar and on the second-from-left icon click the downward pointing arrow and select the first item, ‘foreground to background’. The next small group of 5 icons lets you choose the type gradient and you probably want the first one, ‘linear’.

This should give you the same basic results as you saw in version 6.

If you still have problems or want to try other options then the on-line help covers Gradients very well.

Bill

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections