CR
Posted By
Chad Richardson
May 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am creating a very large image for a sign. The final print size is 96" x 24" @ 150 dpi (or 14,400 by 3,600 pixels). I am creating text using the type tool at 550pt font.

When using the type tool, everything looks fine. But once I come out of it, it appears as though the latter half of the work gets truncated. I.e. I type the word "Excellence", then once out of the type tool, all you see is "Exce". If you select the type tool and go back into that text layer, all letters appear again.

If you rasterize the text layer, you also only get the resulting truncated text.

The size of the text bound box is not the issue, it is large enough to contain the text.

Any ideas much appreciated!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris Cox
May 11, 2004
Change the text anti-aliasing style.

Some of them don’t work beyond a certain size limit (which we didn’t realize when we shipped 6.0).

Chris

In article , Chad Richardson
wrote:

I am creating a very large image for a sign. The final print size is 96" x 24" @ 150 dpi (or 14,400 by 3,600 pixels). I am creating text using the type tool at 550pt font.

When using the type tool, everything looks fine. But once I come out of it, it appears as though the latter half of the work gets truncated. I.e. I type the word "Excellence", then once out of the type tool, all you see is "Exce". If you select the type tool and go back into that text layer, all letters appear again.

If you rasterize the text layer, you also only get the resulting truncated text.

The size of the text bound box is not the issue, it is large enough to contain the text.

Any ideas much appreciated!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections