E
Posted By
ewk
Jun 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any suggestions for a good color printer (prints at least 12 x 17 size) for general graphic work? I currently use an Epson 1520 with the Epson Rip. I understand this won’t work with OSX so I need to upgrade. I use a lot of type, so I imagine I need to have postcript capabilities. Are there any god postscript color printers out there? Or do I have to get a regular non postscript and buy a rip for it? I’m not real savvy about how all this works….Thanks for your feedback!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Jun 30, 2004
Epson 2200.

its not postscript but prints nicely from IDCS and Photoshop
B
bonniej
Jun 30, 2004
Unless you do a lot of printing from Quark… you may not need a RIP.

I have the Epson 4000 (without the RIP) and it prints wonderfully from Illustrator, Photohop & InDesign as well as Acrobat.

If I need to print from Quark I either send it to my Tektronix Phaser (with RIP)… or make a PDF & send the PDF to the Epson.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections