E
Posted By
enriqueda
Nov 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an Image which is much larger then a 8.5 x 11 page. When I print to a standard printer (8.5 x 11) Photoshop autosizes the photo to fit the page. How do I get Photoshop to print the photo as is. Instead of 1 page with the image autosized I get 4 pages and the image is now exact size (I would just put the 4 pages together, border to border, and there is my full size picture). Is this possible?

Thanks,
Enrique

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Walls
Nov 6, 2003
You don’t say which version of PS you are using …

PS does not support multi-page output. To make a big print from 4 smaller ones, you need to cut up th eimage into 4 documents and print each one individually.

There have been some previous threads on this kind of topic ["tiling" pictures etc.].
JH
Jake_Hannam
Nov 6, 2003
You could also try finding a friend who has a large format printer and get him or her to print it for you.
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 6, 2003
Save it as PDF and print it from Acrobat using tiled pages.

Bob
SS
stephen_storer
Nov 7, 2003
My TILING options are greyed out in Acrobat 5.0. Win2K Pro. Page size is 22′ x 17′ so that should tile out on four 8.5′ x 11′ pages, correct?
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 7, 2003
That’s odd. Try the Acrobat forum.

Bob
E
enriqueda
Nov 7, 2003
…that Tiling feature in Acrobat is that the Free version(the one you can download on the web) or the retail version (usually the one you pay for)?

…and that you so much for all your respones thus far..
TH
Tina_Hayes
Nov 7, 2003
So if you print from Acrobat Reader doing the tiling thing, how would you put them together? I mean wouldn’t you see the seam lines from the paper?

Say I wanted to print like an 11 X 17 that I’d want to mat and frame, could I do that using this tiling method from Acrobat Reader?

(Sorry, can’t test…the kid has used the last of the ink…..again…)
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 7, 2003
Don’t know about Reader. I have the Acrobat Pro 6.0.

Bob
SS
stephen_storer
Nov 7, 2003
Tiling is not an option in the Reader version. Not that I’ve figured out how to invoke the tiling option in Acrobat Pro yet – it’s still grey out for me.

(yes…there will be seams)
V
vvnr
Dec 2, 2003
Yes There is possible to tiling option in Acrobat 5.0.5 in print option at advanced. May be it will use full for you.

But i am facing the problem in the same as if i given a A3 Document to a A$ orinter in other applications it’s printing in Two pages but here it’s taking 4Pages i con’t under stabd how to put this in Two pages if any one suggest me
do to
BO
Burton_Ogden
Dec 2, 2003
Enrique,

You can control the print size in Photoshop’s Image Size dialog. In Photoshop 7 you can print a selection, which allows you to print a controlled part of an image. In earlier versions of Photoshop you can use the Rectangular Marquee to select a part of an image, Image>Crop to delete all else, Save As to save just that part of the original image as a separate image, and print just that part of the image. Then you can reload your original "master image" to select, crop, and save another part of it.

This technique lets you divide an image up into individual parts when you can then print separately. I use that technique to do a "tiled print" of a large image on several 8.5×11 sheets. My tiles measure 8×10 or 8×8. You have to trim off the excess white paper to have just the printed tiles. I have come to prefer the look of pictures made up from the square 8×8 tiles. Of course that means that my big picture dimensions must be some multiple of 8 inches.

— Burton —

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections