DL
Posted By
Dave_Lam
Jun 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help, please. I am sure there is a simple solution to this problem, but I can’t find it. I’m running photoshop 7 on a Mac G-4 with OS 10.2, printing to an Epson C-80 printer. I want to print a JPG photo on a 4×6 inch card. I have set image size and canvas size correctly, and have a custom size 4×6 inch paper size set in Page Setup. However, when I try to print, the ink doesn’t even hit the card. When I try to print with the same setup on 8.5 x 11 paper, just to see what is going on, it prints fine, BUT the photo comes out in the lower left corner of the paper, whereas since the printer is set for 4×6 inch paper, I would assume that the print should be in the upper left of the larger paper. I can make it come out centered on the 8.5×11 paper by playing with page setup (but, even anchoring will not make it print in the upper left corner of the large paper), but I still can’t make it print on the 4×6 inch card. To make it worse, I can print correctly (on the 4×6 paper) with exactly the same setup if I use my old Photoshop 4 under Classic. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer. Dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

ME
mari_eliza
Jun 15, 2004
I have the same problem. Did you get an answer to the problem of printing on 4 X 6 card stock? I have the C-80 and am trying to print from either photoshop or illustator. I’m not picky. I would like to use system 10.3.

thanks,
mari
ME
mari_eliza
Jun 15, 2004
Good news, maybe,

I just managed to set up a custom page in Illustrator that gave me the results I wanted. I think I did the following:

I went to a post card that was origianlly set up In Illustrator 9.The document size was set at 4 " wide and 6" high. I saved a "print preset" with this configuration. When you go to print in Illustrator choose the new print preset. This seems to work. Whether you can set it up in Illustrator CS or not, I’m not sure. I just happened to have this file from before I upgraded and it worked.

Good luck,

mari
ME
mari_eliza
Jun 25, 2004
I just went through a whole lot of frustration trying to print a postcard size paper on the Epson C80 printer, then I got a reply back on the Illustrator forum from a Windows user that made me realize the problem is in the driver upgrade from Epson. For details, and complaint suggestions, see the Illustrator Forum. You can easily find it by searching for mari eliza or custom page setup. If all the Mac users complain at once Epson may get it fixed faster.

mari

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections