SJ
Posted By
Stefan_J_Sheriden
May 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been asked to help a print textile designer set up a computer system as they are going freelance.

They have been working for a studio with nothing special so I am aiming to put a basic setup together that will do the job but not cost too much.

Could do with help on the minimum and ideal spec for Photoshop. This is what I am thinking about so far:

processor AMD 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000 or Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2 GHz

2GB Ram

SATA hard drive 250GB +

128MB ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro Graphics card or 256MB ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

Samsung 22inch SM223BW

A3 inkjet printer?????

A3 Mustek scanner

Wacom Intuos A4 Tablet

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SP
Sid_Phillips
May 5, 2008
This should be more than adequate for basic design work. You might want to include a 500GB external hard drive for backup. And possibly a color calibration system for the monitor.

For printers I’ve always been an Epson fan, but have begun using HP lately and am very impressed – especially with the fact that they don’t seem to clog like the Epsons do.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 8, 2008
Colorimeter needed. Your friend doesn’t want to have an uncalibrated monitor if he’s using Photoshop to create stuff as a business. Trust me on this.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections