B
Posted By
Beemer
Apr 9, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When printing in CS2 I set to see print preview. Anyone know why the colours are way off in the preview window but perfect on other windows and the print

Beemer

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
bmoag
Apr 9, 2006
Print preview is only useful for seeing where the print will be on the paper.
Depending on your printer driver and the way you use color management the print preview window may be a reasonable facsimile of the final color, washed out, or show the pink tinge of double color management. The latter can be disconcerting but if you know it is supposed to be there it can be a final check that the PS and driver settings are correct before you print.
B
Beemer
Apr 10, 2006
"bmoag" wrote in message
| Print preview is only useful for seeing where the print will be on the | paper.
| Depending on your printer driver and the way you use color management the | print preview window may be a reasonable facsimile of the final color, | washed out, or show the pink tinge of double color management. The latter | can be disconcerting but if you know it is supposed to be there it can be a
| final check that the PS and driver settings are correct before you print. |
|
Is this because Print Preview uses the View Proof Settings?

Beemer
B
bmoag
Apr 10, 2006
Like many, but not all, PS users I am not a fan of the "soft proof" feature. It just does not really work for me to significantly distinguish between how images will appear using different device profiles.
Again, the print preview is not a reliable predictor of how the final image will look when printed but serves as a check that the image is properly positioned on the page and can help confirm that color management settings are correct.
B
Beemer
Apr 11, 2006
"bmoag" wrote in message
| Like many, but not all, PS users I am not a fan of the "soft proof" feature.
| It just does not really work for me to significantly distinguish between how
| images will appear using different device profiles.
| Again, the print preview is not a reliable predictor of how the final image
| will look when printed but serves as a check that the image is properly | positioned on the page and can help confirm that color management settings | are correct.
|
|
Solved… I’m stupid as now I realise that the off colour print preview I have been seeing is the print preview of my Epson printer which of course will be "off" as I am not using its native ICM profiles! I have turned it off and now realise that the real print preview is the PC CS2 one with the small preview image and its colour is fine.

Thanks again!

Beemer

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections