DR
Posted By
David_Rossi
Aug 20, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I get a color cast printing from CS3 while all other applications print fine including LR2. I have eliminated all other possibilities and reinstalled my print drivers from the OSX DVD and reinstalled Photoshop. I am confident I am turning off the driver color management and using photoshop color management. I am sure the printer/paper profile is correct.

But I still have a color cast. I don’t have to print to see the color cast. It is quite clear in the print preview on the CS3 print screen and then again in the driver’s print preview.

I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Adobe. The kind helpdesk associate finally instructed me to turn off color management and deal only with the Epson driver. That’s not a good solution.

What am I missing?

Any ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NK
Neil_Keller
Aug 20, 2008
David,

Let’s just confirm some basics: do you have a good, current monitor calibration? Have you gone through g ballard’s step-by-step for color management and printing? Start here: <http://www.gballard.net/nca.html> and feel to browse the rest of his site.

Neil
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2008
See if this old post helps:

Ramón G Castañeda, "Printing: The infamous TechNote ID: kb400878 is a major screw-up!" #5, 8 May 2007 9:41 pm </webx?14/4>
PF
Peter_Figen
Aug 21, 2008
David,

I would start by listing EXACTLY the steps you are doing to print your image – every step from Photoshop on through the print driver, even posting screen shots of the various print dialog screens. You are probably missing a single crucial bit in there. Also, how big of a color cast are you getting, in which direction, and is it consistant on all the different print subject you’ve tried?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections