DS
Posted By
donna_svennevik
Jun 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I make 8.5 x 11 or 11.7 x 16.5 prints, the right margin is always larger than the other sides. I don’t get perfect margins. I called Epson and they say this is an adobe issue because it doesn’t happen in any other application. please help this is driving me crazy.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GB
g_ballard
Jun 22, 2004
try making Custom pages to sizes in the Epson print utility and setting equal margins when there…

you may notice in the default page margins that one side is larger, match the three other sides to the larger
R
Ram
Jun 22, 2004
More details, please.

What is the aspect ratio of your image (pixel dimensions? How are you printing, i. e. what are your settings in Print Preview? Have you downloaded the latest drivers? What is the exact version of your OS? Have you updated to Photoshop 7.0.1? Are your images landscape or portrait format? This makes a difference, because what you refer to as "right margin" could well be the grip area that would be at the bottom of a portrait format image. What paper size did you choose in Page Setup? Did you check "Center Image" in Print Preview?

Epson lied to you. It’s the printer driver and your settings that control this.

I have no trouble printing to my Epson 2200 and placing the image anywhere I want.

You may also want to do a forum search on key words like image center Epson.
BG
barry_gray
Jun 22, 2004
I’ve found a real simple way to deal with the Epson centering dilemma. Increase canvas size to actual paper size (i.e. 8.5×11) >center or place image where you want>page set up, click maximum, orient.(L or P) and set the paper size> print, dismiss "clipping etc" dialog box>print.
To me it is so much easier to see and locate my image in PS than futz around with all the printer driver settings, a .125" here or there and a calculater don’t cut the mustard.
Works perfect every time! "center" checked or not.
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Jun 23, 2004
I have found one way to get perfect margins, using the FireWire port.

I get uneven margins using the printer’s USB port, but if I use the FireWire port, OS X can add these printers:

Stylus Photo 2200(FW:Roll Paper – Borderless Banner)
Stylus Photo 2200(FW:Roll Paper – Borderless)
Stylus Photo 2200(FW:Roll Paper)
Stylus Photo 2200(FW:Sheet Feeder – Borderless)
Stylus Photo 2200(FW:Standard – Minimize Margins)
Stylus Photo 2200(FW:Standard)

The important one here is "Stylus Photo 2200(FW:Standard – Minimize Margins)." This is apparently the same as the OS 9 option to maximize the print area, giving you equally small margins all around, and it allows perfect centering without making up tricky page sizes.

I vaguely remember someone describing how to get these other printer types to show up on USB, but I haven’t been able to do it.
AW
Allen_Wicks
Jun 25, 2004
The solution is to set to "Stylus Photo 2200(Standard – Minimize Margins)." You can do this whether connected via USB or FW. It works fine, no margin readjusting or the like is needed. Do a Forum search; someone enumerated the steps to set up the Epson in an earlier thread. Or you can find the directions from Epson’s website (don’t waste your time trying to get a valid answer from a live person at Epson).
CC
Conrad_Chavez
Jun 28, 2004
Ah, I see what I was missing on the USB side. When adding the printer, you have to click the Page Setup popup menu and then select "Stylus Photo 2200(Standard – Minimize Margins)". I think all the page setups were added at once when connected by FireWire.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections