GC
Posted By
Geoffrey_Coleman
Jul 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been very happily printing from Photoshop CS3 to the Epson until today and now it just point blank refuses to do so. Connections between the printer and computer are ok because it prints from other software programs. But when I try to print from CS3 it draws the paper into the printer and then stops dead and opens up a dialogue telling me the job is stopped and nothing will coax it into resuming it. I’ve tried clearing all other jobs and turning off the printer and rebooting the Mac but nothing. I haven’t even bothered with the manufacturers because I just know everyone is going to pass the buck to everyone else. Any suggestions for what I can try to fix this?

Thanks

Geoff

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GB
g_ballard
Jul 21, 2008
have you done the normal maintenance
<http://www.gballard.net/macrant/osx_troubleshooting.html>

deleting the printer and adding it back may also help
L
Lundberg02
Jul 21, 2008
Is it out of ink.
GC
Geoffrey_Coleman
Jul 21, 2008
Ballard – I was hoping to avoid having to reinstall the printer, particularly as it is printing from other programs but will give this a try. That trouble-shooting doc is excellent – I will also try all these as well. I’m down to 48Gb on the harddrive and have been thinking about installing another 500Gb so this will kick that along.

Lundberg – no plenty of ink.

Thanks for getting back so quickly people.
GB
g_ballard
Jul 21, 2008
Not reinstall (yet), delete it from Printers, add it back
R
Ram
Jul 21, 2008
down to 48Gb on the harddrive

If that’s your only drive, you may not have enough space on it for the OS swap files, Photoshop’s scratch disk and the print spool file.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections