SW
Posted By
Steven_Whatley
Nov 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently installed an older version of ActiveShare on a PC bundled with Photoshop Elements. After finding that ActiveShare was discontinued I uninstalled it, thinking I could continue to use Photoshop Elements. In the uninstall of ActiveShare my Photoshop Elements serial # was removed. I can no longer use Photoshop Elements, since I have long since lost the requested upgrade card for Photoshop Elements with the bundled serial number. Any help on what I can do regain functionality in Photoshop Elements?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 26, 2003
Your only hope is the contact the maker of the PC. They bought distribution rights from Adobe, so Adobe can’t track the software. There are some decent buys around on Elements version 2, but unless you have some other application that qualifies for the rebate, you won’t be able to get the $30 back based on ownership of Elements without that serial number, either.

Go for contacting the PC maker – definitely worth the phone call.
SW
Steven_Whatley
Nov 26, 2003
Not what I wanted to hear… but Thanks for the tip!!
RK
Ray Kasprzak
Nov 28, 2003
Go to www.adobe.com. Under purchase go to account. If you have never logged in you can register as a new user. Once you have, under your account information will be your serial number for every Adobe product you have ever purchased and registered.

wrote in message
I recently installed an older version of ActiveShare on a PC bundled with
Photoshop Elements. After finding that ActiveShare was discontinued I uninstalled it, thinking I could continue to use Photoshop Elements. In the uninstall of ActiveShare my Photoshop Elements serial # was removed. I can no longer use Photoshop Elements, since I have long since lost the requested upgrade card for Photoshop Elements with the bundled serial number. Any help on what I can do regain functionality in Photoshop Elements?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections