BS
Posted By
Bob_Shirt
Feb 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Alright, I’m just getting started with Photoshop Elements (it came packaged with my Epson printer). And I’m a total novice with computers. Anyway, when I go to my programs I see Photoshop Elements listed, but listed directly beneath it is Photoshop Elements (2). What’s happened here? Has Elements installed itself twice. Should I delete the second one? I’m using Windows ME and have installed the original version of Photoshop Elements, not version 2.0.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CR
Chris_Rankin
Feb 6, 2004
Bob,
If you go into My Computer>C disk>Program Files>Adobe – you’ll probably see that it’s only installed once. What you probably did was create another shortcut to it somehow.

CR
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Feb 6, 2004
Bob,
You can probably get rid of the duplicate shortcut, Photoshop Elements (2), by right clicking on it on the all Programs list, then hitting delete in the box. It should end up in the recycle bin. I would not empty the bin for a few days just to be sure that Elements runs OK, as you can restore from the recycle bin if necessary.
Ken
TF
Terri_Foster
Feb 7, 2004
You’ll just get a message saying deleting this shortcut doesn’t delete program yada yada yada. Don’t worry.
BS
Bob_Shirt
Feb 8, 2004
Kenneth: Thanks. That did the trick. I can see that this forum is going to prove very useful.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections