I
Posted By
indijay
May 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new user of Photoshop CS (in fact Adobe family products itself). I have a image which I am planning to use as a background on my poster. Can anyone tell me how to fade the image so that the image is visible very lightly as background.
I tried wth reducing brightness and contrast but it doesn’t work well.

Many thanks for the inputs

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

F
fotografica
May 10, 2004
Duplicate your layer, to protect your original.
Fill the duplicate layer with white and in the blending mode select screen, you can adjust the opacity until you get the effect you want.
The higher the number the more you see the effect.

Ana
CS
Carl_Stawicki
May 10, 2004
Another good way is to create a Levels adjustment layer, and crank the Output Shadow value way up in the composite channel, like to at least 128 for starters.

Carl.
I
indijay
May 10, 2004
Thanks Karl and Ana,

I feel really shameful but I installed photoshop for the first time in my life on my machine and I have no clue how to get the things you told me.
I need didactic directions, like copy the image, paste in new image, or go to file and then select this etc.

Hope you understand my situation.

Thanks a million.
CS
Carl_Stawicki
May 10, 2004
To create a new adjustment layer, go to the Layers menu >> New Adjustment Layer >> Levels… Give it a name, if you want. (Using an adjustment layer means the underlying layer won’t be permanently effected until the file is flattened). The Shadow Output I mentioned above can be controlled with the black slider at the bottom of the Levels dialog. Move the slider to the right, and you’ll see the image become ghosted.

Carl.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections