D
Posted By
DjTrex
Dec 30, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m not sure how to ask this question but here it goes.

I want to know how or if it’s possible to FADE an image from solid to transparent? I would like to be able to fade two sep images individually and then try to fade them into each other. I would like to know how to do this, for example, from left to right, leaving one edge 100% solid fading to 100% transparent. The other option is to fade inward from a selections outer edge of 100% transparent to the center at 100% solid.

I hope you guys can understand what i mean.

thanks for the help.
Wayne

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
DjTrex
Dec 30, 2007
I guess it would be like a Gausian Blur with a gradient feel, if you catch my drift.
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 30, 2007
"DjTrex" wrote in message
I’m not sure how to ask this question but here it goes.

I want to know how or if it’s possible to FADE an image from solid to transparent? I would like to be able to fade two sep images individually and then try to fade them into each other. I would like to know how to do this, for example, from left to right, leaving one edge 100% solid fading to 100% transparent. The other option is to fade inward from a selections outer edge of 100% transparent to the center at 100% solid.

I hope you guys can understand what i mean.

thanks for the help.
Wayne
Open image 1
Open image 2 and drag the background layer into image 1. Close image 2.
You should now have an image with two layers.
Apply a layer mask to the top layer, either via the layer mask icon in layers palette or from Layer>Layer Mask> Show all. Hit D on the keyboard to set your fore/background colours to black and white.
Select the Gradient tool (G on keyboard) and with the mask icon active/selected in the layers palette, click and drag across the image to lay down the gradient.(You can also choose different gradient styles from the icons on the Options bar)
Where the gradient is black, the underlying layer shows through, fading as the gradient goes to grey and is opaque where the gradient is white. You can also paint on the mask with black and white with a soft brush to achieve a similar result.
Using the mask makes this a non-destructive process, no pixels are destroyed/deleted from either of the two layers. You are just changing the way they are seen by painting "holes" in the mask. If you make a mistake, just reverse your colours (X on keyboard)and repaint

Do a Google for compositing/blending images and layer mask tutorials Photoshop.

TWK

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections