T
Posted By
tuqqer
Oct 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In doing a search on this forum, it looks like Elements doesn’t (easily) do "slicing" (The slice function allows web designers to draw a page in Photoshop, carve it up into managable pieces (using ‘guides’ — i.e., straight lines) and then export it as a series of individual graphics, for faster downloading).

Aside from purchasing the full Photoshop, (or the shareware called SliceAndDice, $50), has anyone figured out a way to do it with Elements, or is there another less expensive shareware product out there?

I hear you can do it with FireWorks, so I may get it on this new DreamWeaver upgrade, but just checking if anyone else has figured out a cheap solution.

thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 15, 2003
There was a thread about this in August. That function is in full Photoshop only, according to the information give in this one:

Joe Henry1000 "select and export an individual slice?" 8/12/03 10:32pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>
BP
Bob_Polk
Oct 18, 2003
I believe slicing is included in R. Lynch’s "The Hidden Power of Elements2" along with Curves etc.Great addition to Elements.
Bob
TW
Tony_Weisse
Oct 18, 2003
As Bob noted, there is a description of slicing an image in "Hidden Powers". However, PSE isn’t the easiest way to go. I’s suggest a quick search that will probably turn up cheap/free utilities that generate the HTML for you.

Tony

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections