How to go from a sliced image to a framed website?

JW
Posted By
Jeroen_Wijnands
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Not sure if it should go here but I’ll try anyway.

Got Golive and Photoshop CS

What’s the best way to convert a sliced image into a website that uses a frame layout?

Jeroen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PP
Peace_Pipe
Dec 3, 2003
you dont convert it, you just place the image in that frame? what web software are you using?
JW
Jeroen_Wijnands
Dec 4, 2003
As I said I use golive.

I know how to quickly and easily convert a sliced image into html to start editing that. What I am wondering is how you easily make a framed page out of it.
GG
Greg_Gaspard
Dec 4, 2003
It might help you to consider each frame as a separate HTML file, since frames are discreet HTML files displayed in one window. One thing you can try is selecting the area that will be the top frame, copying it, then pasting it in a new IR document. Export your HTML from the newly created IR doc. Repeat with other frames. Use GoLive to create a parent frame HTML file that specifies which frame displays which HTML file. (I don’t use GoLive myself, so you’ll have to RTM.)
JW
Jeroen_Wijnands
Dec 5, 2003
Hmmm… that thing with IR is worth looking into, thanks for that.

I am getting the impression that that’s it when it comes to integration. Perhaps an idea for the next version.

I am going to try this on the Golive Forum, see if they perhaps have another view on this.

Jeroen

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections