P
Posted By
PoRgeeT
Jan 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I saw a good looking effect on some pictures for a game. The pictures looked like they were painted on a rusty sheet of metal, bits of the image were cracked, some of it was missing all togther. How would I go about creating an effect like this?

Thanks 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BLUDVLZ
Jan 18, 2004
A simple way would be to take your new image and place it on its own layer above the image of your existing ship.

Then play with the layer opacity and blend options to achieve the look.

From there, it a matter of personal preference and experimenting. Use a layer mast to knock out parts of your image… perhaps even going so far as to run filters (noise, artistic, etc.) on the layer mask itself until you achieve the end result you wish.
P
PoRgeeT
Jan 18, 2004
I don’t have a picture like that, is there any way of making it like that without the picture. A plug-in mabye?…

But thatks for the advice:)
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Jan 19, 2004
< http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=Rusty+ship&ie=UTF-8& amp;oe=UTF-8&hl=en> IF you dont want to do the work yourself, try looking for a rusty affect Action, I have one that works realy well, but you would still need a picture of a ship to plave it on.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jan 19, 2004
I´d probably use a Displacement Map (With Filter>Distort>Displace) and Filter>Render>Lighting effects with the same alpha channel to achieve this effect. It does take some time to get to know these two filters, though.
P
PoRgeeT
Jan 19, 2004
Thanks for the help, I’ll try to use those two filters.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections