How to make text look like it is part of the clouds…

WM
Posted By
William Millspaugh
Nov 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ive got some neat pictures of some fluffy white clouds, and want to incorporate some text into the clouds, but I kinda want the text to look like part of the clouds..Thanks Bill

btw, Ill be using photoshop cs

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

K
KatWoman
Nov 15, 2005
"William Millspaugh" wrote in message
Ive got some neat pictures of some fluffy white clouds, and want to incorporate some text into the clouds, but I kinda want the text to look like part of the clouds..Thanks Bill

put the text on a layer above the clouds image
then try using some different blending modes, like overlay or screen or color
they let the background blend with the text in different ways where you can see through to the clouds

at adobe exchange you can download some transparent styles and see how they were made
PS Bubbles and Laurie’s glass are 2 that I use a lot
HL
Harry Limey
Nov 15, 2005

Not sure quite what you have in mind but….
Click on the text button and hold down the mouse button until the alternatives appear – choose Type mask – when you position the cursor everything turns red (Quick mask mode) Type your text, deselect the type tool and the text turns into a workpath.
You can do all sorts of things then but I suggest – ctrl J – which creates a new layer from your selection, if you then double click on the new layer in the layers palette you get blending options – try bevel to make the text stand out if you like.
TR
Todd Radel
Nov 15, 2005
Another option is to save your clouds picture as a jpeg and then use that picture as a pattern. to do this just open up the jpg picture , select all go to the edit drop down menu and select define pattern tell the name box yes and then with the text layer selected click the little black finish symbol in the bottom of the layers pallette and select the apply pattern choose your jpg from the the choices it gives you. you can play with the scale if needed.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections