D
Posted By
daveydave
Oct 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone point me to a tutorial that shows how to do this? I have looked all over the internet – but can’t seem to find a decent way to do this and achieve the effect I want! Thanks for any help

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AW
Allen_Wicks
Oct 1, 2008
Experiment with the various PS filters.
L
Lundberg02
Oct 1, 2008
Buy Painter X
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Oct 1, 2008
Painter is definitely the way to go. For Photoshop plugins, the best I’ve seen is the Oil Paint filter found in Snap Art.

<http://alienskin.com/snapart/snapart_examples.aspx>
NK
Neil_Keller
Oct 1, 2008
Don’t overlook some of the filters already in Photoshop, such as Fresco, Paint Daubs, Palette Knife, Underpainting, Dark Strokes, Craquelure, Texturizer, etc.

Experiment, as different techniques or combinations of techniques, may work better for some images than others.

Neil
D
daveydave
Oct 1, 2008
Thanks for advice! This is definitely something a little more difficult than I thought… I think the "snapart" plugin on alienskin.com works really well – and is closest to what I wanted. I will post any links of tutorials I run into! Other advice is still welcome!!
L
Lundberg02
Oct 2, 2008
Other advice: buy Painter and one of the good books on it.
L
Lundberg02
Nov 19, 2008
The best way to simulate an oil painting in Photoshop is to close it and open Corel Painter X.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections