SM
Posted By
Steven_McCray
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve tried to install Photoshop CS upgrade on my E-mac. I get a error message stating "Photoshop CS Installer has unexpectedly quit" Has any one solved this problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Apr 30, 2004
Has any one solved this problem.

Yes, photoshop CS installed perfectly for me.
NK
Neil_Keller
Apr 30, 2004
Steven,

No problem installing the CS Suite under Mac OS X.

Which OS are you using? Did you check to make sure your system is clean (non-corrupted) and that you have enough disc space on the volume you are installing the software? Are you installing exactly per the instructions provided by Adobe, from the original CD-ROMs? If this is an upgrade (is it?) did you change the name or location of any existing folders or application components?

Neil
SM
Steven_McCray
Apr 30, 2004
I’m running Photoshop 7.0 now. I haven’t changed anything since it was installed. I checked disk space, ram and closed all programs. I’ve noticed that it is a problem since Adobe has a page addressing some fixes for it. I’ve tried them also.
R
Ram
Apr 30, 2004
If you have Norton Anti Virus (or anything Norton’s) installed, delete it or at least disable it temporarily.
B
Buko
Apr 30, 2004
Well we know have photoshop 7 now.

care to eleborate on another detail or 2 maybe.

Contrary to popular belief, the users on these forms cannot read minds. Only Adobe employees are allowed such a luxury.
MC
Michael_C_Harrison
May 5, 2004
Steve – I have the exact same problem trying to install the upgrade that I downloaded from Adobe. I’ve run permissions repair and all the usual checks but keep getting the crash message after the installer says it’s checking. I did notice there were two installer icons in the dock just before it happened.
Plenty of memory, no glitches on the HD, iMac 1.25 with Photoshop 7 already on. Help!!
R
Ram
May 5, 2004
I assume you’ve read post #4 and it didn’t apply.
MC
Michael_C_Harrison
May 6, 2004
Problem solved by disabling fonts for computer, user and classic in that order. CS installs normally then enable fonts again.
There is a paper on this in the knowledge base. Now THAT’S where I should have looked first!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections