Posted By
Tiffany R Clark
Sep 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I’m trying to outline a drawing using the line tool, but on another layer. What’s really frustrating is that every time I make a new line, it shows up on its own layer. I want it all on the same layer so when I’m done I can delete the drawing underneath and just have one layer with the clean lines on it. I keep trying to make a normal new layer, but everytime I use the line tool it keeps adding new layer upon new layer. Please help!

Tiffany

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck Snyder
Sep 14, 2003
Tiffany, when you’ve selected the line tool, look at the Toolbar which appears on top. About halfway across the screen, you’ll see a bunch of icons with a variety of squares; if you pick the one with the overlapping squares that says Add to Shape Area when you hold the mouse over it, that will put all your lines on the same layer.

Chuck
B
BobHill
Sep 14, 2003
Tiffany,

Collect (make visible) only the layers (layers palette) that you wish to have in one layer (turn the eye off all other layers) and now click the option arrow ("More" – upper right of Layers Palette) and MERGE VISIBLE). See if that doesn’t give you what you want.

Bob
TR
Tiffany R Clark
Sep 14, 2003
thank you so much!
B
BobHill
Sep 14, 2003
Glad it worked for you, Tiffany.

Bob

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections