Z
Posted By
zenmagic
Jun 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m coming from an old version of photoshop (6.2) to cs. The pen tool automatically works w/ the shape tool.. how do you disable this, and use the pen tool alone (as if to create paths etc?)

:c)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 10, 2005
The settings are available on the left side of the option bar. Mouseover them to see their function.
Z
zenmagic
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks Pierre.. I thought I remembered it being right in front of my eyes!

How about another simple one?… I’m coming from ps v.6 and I could always option click to select whatever was on a layer w/ marching ants.. sort of like selecting a path which you can still do.. I need to select all pixels (not all meaning the whole square canvas, just what is floating on the layer) w/ a similar command, but cant figure it out nor can I find it in the users guide.. any idea?
SP
Scott_Perkins
Jun 10, 2005
You still can, the command is the same, just make sure you click on the layer thumbnail and not in the layer name area. I use it all the time.

–Scott
Z
zenmagic
Jun 13, 2005
JEEZE! On a mac.. you can click the name-area.. all I had to do was move my cursor a few cm to the left.. thanks!
E
E._Palmaroy
Jun 13, 2005
zenmagic,

Actually, that was a change in CS2, not from Mac to PC. A lot of stuff changed in the layers pallet in CS2.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections