JT
Posted By
Jo.T
Feb 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do you get the Layer styles to scale as you transform, on a vector shape, to a larger scale, so that the larger shape has the same look at the smaller version?

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Mylenium
Feb 15, 2009
Not possible. Layer styles are applied to rasterized pixels even for vector layers and have no knowledge of your intentions. Duplicate the image, resize it using the image size dialog with the option to scale layer styles, copy&paste the resized result back to your source document. To my knowledge the only reliable way. You may still need to adjust the layer style, though, as several of them do not use sub-pixel precision and may be rounded of to the wrong next value, making it look goofy.

Mylenium
K
KatWoman
Feb 15, 2009
I have CS3
I right click the layer of the shape
and last entry is scale effects
there is a little slider
JT
Jo.T
Feb 16, 2009
Actually, I found out it does seem to work by default, it is just that in the preview with Free Transform, it gives you an unscaled effects version, until you hit return. Then it is fine.

Thanks.
M
Mylenium
Feb 16, 2009
Ah, yes. Sorry. Seems like I misunderstood you.

Mylenium

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections