BT
Posted By
Brad_Tyrrell
Apr 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know if there’s a simple way to create text where each letter has a different color.

It’s not something I’d probably use often, but I just created a long series of labels for DVD’s each whith a different name. The title was colorful cartoonish text with each character a different color and I was trying to match individual’s names to the font. Re-coloring each letter individually is a bit tedious.

Thanks

Brad

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SF
Scott_Falkner
Apr 25, 2005
Select the character(s), change the colour in the Character palette. Must use the text tool.
D
deebs
Apr 25, 2005
PowerPoint? 8)
LM
Lynch_Mike
Apr 25, 2005
a simple but inexact way is to use

Note: text was azure (outside edge colors) Scaled to taste. -Mike
BT
Brad_Tyrrell
Apr 25, 2005
Yeah, the gradient method was the way I went, – just wasn’t worth the time to go letter by letter, – A couple hundred names averaging 20 characters per name.

I was just thinking that it would be nice to have a plug-in font where you could input your color choices and frequency (maybe random) and just type.

Wishful thinking I guess.

Brad
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 25, 2005
A couple hundred names averaging 20 characters per name.

scripting.
BT
Brad_Tyrrell
Apr 25, 2005
Yeah, got to look into scripting.

Just doesn’t seem to be time in the day. Hoping somebody had done it for me already.

In the middle of learning Visual Basic to transfer my years of business programing for the old dos Rbase 5000 to Excel. (I made a database work like a speadsheet, now I’m making a spreadsheet work like a database, – dumb.)

These old bones, etc., etc., whine, snivel.

Brad
B
BobLevine
Apr 25, 2005
Did you check out the Adobe Studio Exchange?

Bob
BT
Brad_Tyrrell
Apr 26, 2005
Thanks, forgot about that.

Just went there. Some neat stuff. Unfortunately, thousands of entries and search not too helpful.

Will page through it though.

Brad

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections