DB
Posted By
don_bosko
Sep 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I type using text tool in Photoshop CS2, the Sterling Pound character (£) is appearing as a different character (something similar to a dot)!!

I am using WindowsXP operating system and Logitech wireless leyboard.

Any help to solve this problem is very much appreciated.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 9, 2006
Most likely that is because the glyph in the font you are using is the dot, not the sterling pound symbol.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 10, 2006
what chris said. not all characters are available in all fonts. if you need to, you can check the character map app in windows to find one that contains your needed symbol. (start> programs> accessories> system tools> character map).
DB
don_bosko
Sep 10, 2006
My problem has been solved with the aboue two replies. Thanks very much for both. Cheers.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 10, 2006
you’re welcome don!
dave
JJ
J.J._Hobbs
Sep 17, 2006
Hi! I am having exactly the same issue. When I try to grab a corner with Ctrl-Shift, I get an error message.

How do you make a text box or type straight on the canvas? I have been working all day on this and cannot figure it out! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J.J.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections