AT
Posted By
Amy_Thielking
Apr 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a black(might be different shades of black within) image/logo that needs to be all white. It is a transparent image. I have Photoshop 7. Is there a way to easily change everything to white.

Thank you.
AT

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GD
glen_deman
Apr 28, 2004
Try Ctrl+I to invert it. Then you can run levels to make it even more white (for those parts of the logo that weren’t solid black to begin with).
AT
Amy_Thielking
Apr 28, 2004
I did that and it did not work, I think that it not all BLACK, that is the problem. WHen I inverted it, it added more black to the logo.

Any other sugestions.
AT
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 28, 2004
either you’re on the wrong layer or you have something selected. hit crtl-d (deselect all), make sure you’re on the correct layer, then hit Image> adjustments> invert.
AT
Amy_Thielking
Apr 28, 2004
OKay, that worked, BUT it turned it gray….and I need it to be white? ANy sugestions?

AT
GD
glen_deman
Apr 28, 2004
If the levels doesn’t work, then maybe you could ctrl+click the layer to select all the nontransparent stuff and just fill it with white? I’m not sure (I don’t the PS in front of me) but I remember having to nudge the selection after ctrl+clicking to get just the portion I want selected, then nudge it back. Then fill it in.
AT
Amy_Thielking
Apr 28, 2004
That would work, but it is very detailed…..
GD
glen_deman
Apr 28, 2004
Could you post a link to the image? It would help to give a more specific solution.
CW
Colin_Walls
Apr 28, 2004
Have you tried simply increasing the contrast [a lot], then inverting?
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Apr 28, 2004
Something else to consider: you might try a gradient map adjustment layer with an inverse gradient (white to black). You can adjust the gradient to get the right whiteness. (Ok, whiteness might not be a word). But the best way probably depends on why you are wanting to do this. Are you planning to bring the logo into some other program that has a coloured background?

By the way, it goes without saying that logos should generally be vector, not bitmap files. Changing colours in vector files is much easier.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections