CT
Posted By
Carla Thompson
Sep 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just bought PSE 2.0 yesterday and while loading I really had a hard time. I finally got the program to install, but now when I open the program I get the followig error"

"PhotoshopElements.exe-Unable to Locate component" "This application has failed to start because PicEng.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

I have re-installed several times. Same problem.

hp pavilion
Running Windows XP
McAffee
256MB SDRAM

Any help out there? I could not find this problem in any forum on the whole world wide web..or at least if its out there, I can’t find it.

Thanks!

Carla

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RC
Richard Coencas
Sep 9, 2003
That kind of error about a missing dll is usually related to some 3rd party application. A google search on PicEng.dll looks like it is related to some kind of picture album software that came with a digital camera, possibly a Xirlink DSC Pro Digital Camera. Check out this link < http://support.earthlink.net/mu/1/psc/img/walkthroughs/other /Xirlink_Digital_Camera/2442.psc.html>. You may need to either reinstall this software or completely clean your system of it to resolve this problem.

Rich

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections