Posted By
gaxunil
Dec 2, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys,
I just got CS2. When I run setup.exe (or the CD auto runs) from the top level of the CD, all I get is a blank, white window. The window frame is there and it doesn’t seem to be hung, but there is no window content, zip, nothing. I can’t proceed with the install.
The CD works fine on my other, slower PC, that is the installer comes up from top level setup.exe or autorun off the CD.

Anyone seen this before? Any clues?

Thanks!
-John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 2, 2006
Try copying the entire contents of the CD to a new empty directory on your hard drive, then run setup from there.
G
gaxunil
Dec 2, 2006
Thanks for the suggestion Michael.
I tried this but the same thing happens.
Maybe there is something wrong with my windows installation?

-John
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 2, 2006
What are your computer and OS specs? What antivirus, firewall, antispyware, and other utilities are you running?
G
gaxunil
Dec 2, 2006
Here’s my PC specs from CPUZ
<http://home.comcast.net/~gaxunil/cpuz.htm>

I’m running Windows XP version 2002 Service Pack 2.

No firewall software (I’m behind a router)
I use SpyBot and AVG Free virus for spyware / malware / virus scan. I have most startup programs turned off except MSI live for my motherboard. (I use SpyBot to edit the startup settings)

I still get this problem when I boot in safe mode and try to install CS2.

I could also post a HijackThis dump if you think that would help.. Thanks
-John
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 2, 2006
Try disabling the antivirus temporarily; AVG is pretty well-behaved, but it’s worth a try. It also could be something in your video card or driver. Try temporarily turning off hardware acceleration and Write Combining for your video card; access these from Display Properties, Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot.

(Looks like a nice computer! Built it for gaming?)
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 2, 2006
One other suggestion: If you are overclocking, set your computer to normal (no overclocking).
G
gaxunil
Dec 2, 2006
Thanks, yeah built it for gaming and just as a high performance machine. OK I made sure all overclocking was off (some was on)
Turned off HW Accel and write combining, I even went so far as to uninstall my NVIDIA graphics drivers and let windows use default VGA.
Disabled AVG

No luck 🙁 It acts just the same.
very very weird.
/cry

-John
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 3, 2006
Very peculiar. Maybe Chris Cox will have some suggestions beyond what I’ve offered (he’s an Adobe engineer who often stops by this forum; look for his name in the splash screen (line 4, I think) when you finally resolve the problem and get PSCS2 running. Also, try calling Adobe’s help line — installation problems don’t incur charges.
G
gaxunil
Dec 3, 2006
OK I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks Michael for all your efforts in trying to help me out! 🙂 -John

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections