MT
Posted By
Michael_Tissington
Oct 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to install Photoshop CS4 on a clean machine.

The install runs all the way thru and then tells me that it had an error 2 installing the language pack English Language.

Vista is running English (US) Ultimate out of the box…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Mylenium
Oct 29, 2008
Yeah, we have discussed this issue a couple of times, yet nobody ever came up with a perfect solution. In any case: Install issues are free on the hotlines, so give it a try. Other than that, the usual suspects:

– insufficient temporary directory space
– insufficient permissions on temporary files
– DEP (data execution prevention)
– UAC (user account control)
{append your favorite Vista-non-feature here}

Sorry, but short of trial and error there seems no other way.

Mylenium
MT
Michael_Tissington
Oct 30, 2008
Hmm, I tried the FREE support line … spoke to some guy in another country who didn’t have a clue and after an hour on the phone the best he could do was to start asking me to disable ALL Vista services !! At which point I toll him I wanted to speak to his supervisor and I was put on hold until I got fed up waiting in a bottomless pit.

I do wish Adobe had more compertition, then they would either sink or would rapidly improve their customer support which as it stands totally sucks.

On a better note, I have a full version of CS4 installed on another machine and all I needed to do was to copy a folder Locals to the new machine then Photoshop was happy….
JL
Judith_Lipmanson
Oct 30, 2008
Mylenium:

Where is the Install Hotline number for PS CS4? I downloaded my upgrade and got no paper support materials. On this site I see plans for support but no free Install Hotline.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections