KV
Posted By
Kevin Vanderbrook
Sep 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When trying to startup PS Elements in OS X, I get the message "Updating Online components from Adobe.com" and the file it is downloading is AWEXFiles.txt into my app support:adobe:web folder. The program freezes and I only see the spinning beach ball indefinetly. Any suggestions and can I disable the auto update feature once I can actually get into the program.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy S
Sep 2, 2003
Kevin,

I think it is best to set a preference to tell it to NEVER look for updates, don’t think there are any anyway. This causes freeze problems for lots of people.
NS
Nancy S
Sep 2, 2003
Keven,

You do have at least v.10.1.3, right?
KV
Kevin Vanderbrook
Sep 2, 2003
I just purchased this sofware a few months ago and have used it without problems many times, so I assume it is the latest version. However, it will not let me into the program to disable the Adobe Online preferences. Is there a way to disable this somewhere else?
KV
Kevin Vanderbrook
Sep 2, 2003
After restarting my computer, the problem resolved itself.

Thanks for the help anyway, Nancy..
P
Phosphor
Sep 2, 2003
Kevin, Nancy was referring to the OS, I think.

Anyway, try this. Launch PE, then immediately hold down command + shift +option while it is starting. You should see a window asking if you want to delete prefs. Say yes.

If that doesn’t do it, try deleting com.adobe.photoshop.elements.plist and the Elements preferences folder from your user>library>preferences folder.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections