Photoshop 7.01 "freezes"/ account permission damaged ?

M
Posted By
M._Bense
Jan 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Working with Windows XP Home with Photoshop 7.01 (enough RAM etc…), before upgrading to CS 2.3, I have to solve big problem with my Photoshop 7.01 version. I can open the program, but with doing a next action in the program, Photoshop freezes… nothing can be done, even closing the program is not possible.
But… after a a ctrl/alt/delete stopping and then going into an other useraccount in Windows, I can use Photoshop freely! No problems at all. And even by removing the program of Windows and re-installing it does not work: it has again the same problem in the head-account.
So… how can I remove the user-info from the core of Windows? Re-set or something like that? Help….?

Mike

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Jan 25, 2007
Delete your preference file as per the Forum FAQs – each user account has its own preference file.
M
M._Bense
Jan 26, 2007
Sometime solutions can be simple: but first you have to see (know) it… THANKS THANKS!!! it works perfect!

Mike
L
LenHewitt
Jan 26, 2007
You’re very welcome, Mike

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections