Posted By
DotCom
Mar 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
Does Elements ver 4, or 3 for that matter, have the ability to make a slide show adding text screens and audio and then be able to burn it in VCD format (not pdf)?
I have Elements ver2 and I can only make a slide show in pdf. Is the above mentioned possible?
TIA
dotcom

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
Joseph Meehan
Mar 18, 2006
DotCom wrote:
Hello,
Does Elements ver 4, or 3 for that matter, have the ability to make a slide show adding text screens and audio and then be able to burn it in VCD format (not pdf)?
I have Elements ver2 and I can only make a slide show in pdf. Is the above mentioned possible?
TIA
dotcom

From the Version 4.0 help file

You can use your photos and video clips in photo albums, cards, postcards, wall calendars, HTML photo galleries, and slide shows (which you can then put on video CDs called VCDs). These items are called creations. To make certain kinds of creations-such as photo album pages, greeting cards, and wall calendars-you use a creations wizard specific to that creation type. The wizard walks you through choosing a template, arranging photos, customizing the layout, and publishing your creation. The wizard lets you choose from an assortment of templates depending on what you want to create. In some cases you can download new and updated templates from online service providers.
For other types of creations, such as slide shows and VCDs, you can click the type of creation you want, and then follow the screen prompts or specify settings in a dialog box to complete that creation.
You can share creations in a variety of ways. For example, you can print or e-mail a card or wall calendar to a friend, and burn a slide show onto a CD or VCD. You can also print your creations professionally with Adobe Photoshop Services.

Slide shows are a fun way to share photos. With Photoshop Elements, you can customize slide shows with music clips, clip art, text, and even voice narration.
Once you complete a slide show, you can choose several ways to share it. You can save it as a PDF, convert it to a WMV file, or burn a VCD.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
D
DotCom
Mar 18, 2006
PERFECT!
Thanks…I just ordered it!
dotcom

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
DotCom wrote:
Hello,
TIA
dotcom

You can use your photos and video clips in photo albums, cards, postcards, wall calendars, HTML photo galleries, and slide shows (which you can then put on video CDs called VCDs). These items are called creations. To make certain kinds of creations-such as photo album pages, greeting cards, and wall calendars-you use a creations wizard specific to that creation type. The wizard walks you through choosing a template, arranging photos, customizing the layout, and publishing your creation. The wizard lets you choose from an assortment of templates depending on what you want to create. In some cases you can download new and updated templates from online service providers.
For other types of creations, such as slide shows and VCDs, you can click the type of creation you want, and then follow the screen prompts or specify settings in a dialog box to complete that creation.
You can share creations in a variety of ways. For example, you can print or e-mail a card or wall calendar to a friend, and burn a slide show onto a CD or VCD. You can also print your creations professionally with Adobe Photoshop Services.

Slide shows are a fun way to share photos. With Photoshop Elements, you can customize slide shows with music clips, clip art, text, and even voice narration.
Once you complete a slide show, you can choose several ways to share it. You can save it as a PDF, convert it to a WMV file, or burn a VCD.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
D
DotCom
Mar 19, 2006
Another question please.
After just ordering Elements 4 I discovered another product on Adobe’s site called "Adobe Photoshop Album 2" which looks like it does everything I need in a more simplistic manner. Is everything Album 2 does, incorporated into Elements 4 and is it as easy as it looks in Albums 2? Should I cancel my order and just get Album 2? I presently have Elements 2 which leads me to yet another question please.
If I go ahead with Elements 4 and install it, will it leave Elements 2 alone, or will it install over it. I would actually like to keep both separate if possible.
Thanks in advance for answering my Newbieness on this subject. dotcom

"DotCom" wrote in message
PERFECT!
dotcom

DotCom wrote:
Hello,
TIA
dotcom

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
JM
Joseph Meehan
Mar 19, 2006
DotCom wrote:
Another question please.
After just ordering Elements 4 I discovered another product on Adobe’s site called "Adobe Photoshop Album 2" which looks like it does everything I need in a more simplistic manner. Is everything Album 2 does, incorporated into Elements 4 and is it as easy as it looks in Albums 2? Should I cancel my order and just get Album 2? I presently have Elements 2 which leads me to yet another question please. If I go ahead with Elements 4 and install it, will it leave Elements 2
alone, or will it install over it. I would actually like to keep both separate if possible.

Yes Album is part of Elements. They work well together.

As I recall it will allow you to leave it. I started with 2 upgraded to 3 and now to 4. I have eliminated all the prior versions.

Why would you want to keep them both?

PERFECT!
dotcom

DotCom wrote:
Hello,
TIA
dotcom

You can use your photos and video clips in photo albums, cards, postcards, wall calendars, HTML photo galleries, and slide shows (which you can then put on video CDs called VCDs). These items are called creations. To make certain kinds of creations-such as photo album pages, greeting
cards, and wall calendars-you use a creations wizard specific to that creation type. The wizard walks you through choosing a template, arranging photos, customizing the layout, and publishing your creation. The wizard lets you choose from an assortment of templates depending on what you want to create. In some cases you can download new and updated templates from online service providers. For other types of creations, such as slide shows and VCDs, you can click the type of creation you want, and then follow the screen prompts or specify settings in a dialog box to complete that creation. You can share creations in a variety of ways. For example, you can print or e-mail a card or wall calendar to a friend, and burn a slide show onto a CD or VCD. You can also print your creations professionally with Adobe Photoshop Services.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
D
DotCom
Mar 19, 2006
OK good, then I’ll leave my order for PSE 4 as is…thanks again Joseph.

The reason I want to leave them both is I had an experience a long time ago with another graphics program that I skipped a version or two before upgrading and the newer version was so much more different that I had a hard time doing what I needed to do especially if time was a factor. So I prefer to leave the older version intact if I need it in a pinch and then take up the task in the newer version to learn it there. I don’t know how much different ver 4 is from 2 but I *KNOW* where and how things are in PSE2.<s> dotcom

DotCom wrote:
Another question please.
After just ordering Elements 4 I discovered another product on Adobe’s site called "Adobe Photoshop Album 2" which looks like it does everything I need in a more simplistic manner. Is everything Album 2 does, incorporated into Elements 4 and is it as easy as it looks in Albums 2? Should I cancel my order and just get Album 2? I presently have Elements 2 which leads me to yet another question please. If I go ahead with Elements 4 and install it, will it leave Elements 2
alone, or will it install over it. I would actually like to keep both separate if possible.

As I recall it will allow you to leave it. I started with 2 upgraded to 3 and now to 4. I have eliminated all the prior versions.

PERFECT!
dotcom

DotCom wrote:
Hello,
TIA
dotcom

You can use your photos and video clips in photo albums, cards, postcards, wall calendars, HTML photo galleries, and slide shows (which you can then put on video CDs called VCDs). These items are called creations. To make certain kinds of creations-such as photo album pages, greeting
cards, and wall calendars-you use a creations wizard specific to that creation type. The wizard walks you through choosing a template, arranging photos, customizing the layout, and publishing your creation. The wizard lets you choose from an assortment of templates depending on what you want to create. In some cases you can download new and updated templates from online service providers. For other types of creations, such as slide shows and VCDs, you can click the type of creation you want, and then follow the screen prompts or specify settings in a dialog box to complete that creation. You can share creations in a variety of ways. For example, you can print or e-mail a card or wall calendar to a friend, and burn a slide show onto a CD or VCD. You can also print your creations professionally with Adobe Photoshop Services.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
JM
Joseph Meehan
Mar 19, 2006
DotCom wrote:
The reason I want to leave them both is I had an experience a long time ago with another graphics program that I skipped a version or two before upgrading and the newer version was so much more different that I had a hard time doing what I needed to do especially if time was a factor. So I prefer to leave the older version intact if I need it in a pinch and then take up the task in the newer version to learn it there. I don’t know how much different ver 4 is from 2 but I *KNOW* where and how things are in PSE2.<s> dotcom

That makes sense. I was thinking you were planning to .. .well I don’t know what I was thinking you were planning to do. 🙂

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
D
DotCom
Mar 20, 2006
LOL
You need to upgrade your ESP version 1! <s>
Thanks again Joseph.
Peggy

DotCom wrote:

That makes sense. I was thinking you were planning to .. .well I don’t know what I was thinking you were planning to do. 🙂

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
L
Ljsunrainy
Mar 20, 2006
For making a slideshow, my favorite ones of all time are Photo2VCD Studio and Wondershare Flash Slideshow Builder, which help me create amazing photo slide shows and flash slide shows.
http://www.photo2vcd.com/photo-slide-show.html
http://www.photo2vcd.com/flash-slide-show.html

Enjoy.
D
DotCom
Mar 20, 2006
Hmmmm looks very interesting. Unfortunately I’ve just ordered PSE4 but if that doesn’t work out then I’ll try your suggestion.
Thanks.

wrote in message
For making a slideshow, my favorite ones of all time are Photo2VCD Studio and Wondershare Flash Slideshow Builder, which help me create amazing photo slide shows and flash slide shows.
http://www.photo2vcd.com/photo-slide-show.html
http://www.photo2vcd.com/flash-slide-show.html

Enjoy.
SS
Sea Star
Mar 21, 2006
Joseph Meehan wrote:
DotCom wrote:
Another question please.

PERFECT!
dotcom

DotCom wrote:
Hello,
TIA
dotcom

Is Album part of PSE2 or do you need 3 or 4?
JM
Joseph Meehan
Mar 21, 2006
Sea Star wrote:

I believe they were combined in version 3.0b but I really am not sure.

They tell me memory is the second thing to go and no one wants to tell me what the first was. ..

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
D
DotCom
Mar 22, 2006
You need version 3 or 4 Sea Star.
Peggy

"Sea Star" <seastarwriter@[no-spam]prodigy.[no-spam]net> wrote in message
Joseph Meehan wrote:
DotCom wrote:
Another question please.

PERFECT!
dotcom

DotCom wrote:
Hello,
TIA
dotcom

F
Fishface
Apr 2, 2006
DotCom wrote:
Hmmmm looks very interesting. Unfortunately I’ve just ordered PSE4 but if that doesn’t work out then I’ll try your suggestion. Thanks.

I believe this was not a genuine recommendation, as you would see if you search groups.google.com for:

author:

It would seem that this person’s only reason for existence is to "recommend" this company’s software.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections