PS. CS freezes at Start up (Text Global Resources)

G
Posted By
George
Jul 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

Windows Xp, Photoshop Cs. It frozes at start up of the program. It reads "Reading Text Global Resources" and stays there frozen.

Please help

Thanks

George

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jul 23, 2004
make sure you have view hidden and system files turned on in windows explorer (tools> folder options)

delete the file:

New Doc Sizes.psp

from folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings

don’t edit it with notepad or externally. in cs, you create the custom doc sizes and save from right on the File> New dialog.

dave
NB
Nath_Booth
Aug 10, 2004
Ive deleted tht file and photoshop still freezes wen i load it???

Nath
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 10, 2004
reset the prefrences per the faq.
NB
Nath_Booth
Aug 10, 2004
how do u do tht? coz i cant create the nu file in cs coz i cant load it
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 10, 2004
LenHewitt "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 6/23/04 1:05am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

please type in full sentences. i don’t read text messaging. (what’s the nu file?)
NB
Nath_Booth
Aug 10, 2004
doesnt matter now that link cleared it up for me thanks very much you have been a great help
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 10, 2004
great nath. i think the problem was actually the global resource file, the prefs just got corrupted in the meantime. your solution going forward is to not edit that file directly anymore. you should use the file> new dialog to create and save custom sizes – new in CS.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections