Photoshop CS3 brush freezes after time passes.

Y
Posted By
yemor
Dec 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m getting an odd anomaly. I have a Core2 Extreme processor, 4GB ram (Win x32 sees 3GB of that) and have 85% of my RAM assigned to Photoshop.

Frequently when working on a file, generally about 25 to 75mb in size, the brush tool will just stall. If I move my mouse over the brush won’t follow. However, if I hold the SpaceBar down the brush Icon will jump over to the mouse position (which was unknown until the jump). If I want to move the brush again, I have to press SpaceBar to "unfreeze" it. I have scratch disks assigned to 3 other hard drives all with 100’s of GB of space. None of of the scratch disks are the same partition or drive as the Photoshop install.

If I reboot it will stop for awhile but then it returns. I have a 1 month old fresh OS install and have absolutely no other issues. I’ve uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled CS3. No help. I also have the latest drives for my NVidia QuatroFX 3400 adapter.

Any ideas,

Rob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Dec 9, 2007
Rob,

Have you tried backing the RAM usage temporarily to 50% and see what happens?

Also, how is virtual memory set? make that Min=Max=2x addressable RAM.

Rob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections