Posted By
eddie
Mar 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
Trying to simulate beams of light through trees,similar to what one might get in early morning sunlight coming through trees.
Any one know how to do this or can point me towards a good tutorial on this effect please
Eddie

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Rob
Mar 24, 2005
i havent tried it, but something like this plugin might work and it appears to be free:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/perry/luce/main.html

eddie wrote:
Hello,
Trying to simulate beams of light through trees,similar to what one might get in early morning sunlight coming through trees. Any one know how to do this or can point me towards a good tutorial on this effect please
Eddie
R
Rob
Mar 24, 2005
this looks more like what you want but its $$
http://www.autofx.com/mystical_lighting/mystical_lighting.ht ml

Rob wrote:
i havent tried it, but something like this plugin might work and it appears to be free:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/perry/luce/main.html

eddie wrote:
Hello,
Trying to simulate beams of light through trees,similar to what one might get in early morning sunlight coming through trees. Any one know how to do this or can point me towards a good tutorial on this effect please
Eddie
E
eddie
Mar 24, 2005
Hello Rob,
Thanks for the reply and links.
I have checked it out but not too sure it will achieve what I want. Looking at some of their other products a lot of it can be achieved with the hue/saturation palette.
I will keep trying to find something,if not successful I can always fork out a few bucks for the mystical lighting programme.
If I was convinced it would achieve what I want I would buy it but I think I will try to create the effect one way of another as a lot of the mystical lighting is gimmicky rather than creative.
Thanks again for your help
Eddie

"eddie" wrote in message
Hello,
Trying to simulate beams of light through trees,similar to what one might get in early morning sunlight coming through trees.
Any one know how to do this or can point me towards a good tutorial on this effect please
Eddie

H
harrylimey
Mar 26, 2005
Hi Eddie
Have you tried making a triangular selection or selections on a new layer – feathering by a 50 to 100 pixels or so and then having set the foreground colour to white – fill with the (angled) gradiant tool on either forground to transparent or transparent stripes. You will need to click on the gradiant preview box to edit the gradient to your liking! and finally set the layer mode to overlay or soft light and experiment with the opacity.
I have just tried that approach on a woodland picture and I was impressed with the result, in fact I will use your idea again! I don’t see that a plug in is necessary by the way.
Having done one or two of these you could save the sunlight layer and drag into other compositions (you could rotate the image in order the have the sunlight falling the way you wish it to).

Harry
E
eddie
Mar 26, 2005
Hi Harry,
No I haven’t tried your suggestion,only just read it and will give it a go. I have also got a tutorial on a Cd from a digital imaging mag so just off to give that a try.
Even if I don’t achieve what I want at least it wetted your appetite to try something you sound very pleased with,so not a waste of time posting then. Actually the reason behind it all is I want to expand my landscape style shots and have been looking at some wonderful examples that really impress me on a web site.
I was at first convinced the photographer ( a lady ) couldn’t have taken all these shots as they are but having spent more time looking at her work I am now more convinced she did.
Guess I will have to get up earlier and catch the morning light. Thanks for the reply,I will give it a try.
Eddie.

If we can be any more help please reply
Regards
Edward
Webmaster
http://www.cloudninebridal.co.uk
"harrylimey" wrote in message
Hi Eddie
Have you tried making a triangular selection or selections on a new layer – feathering by a 50 to 100 pixels or so and then having set the foreground colour to white – fill with the (angled) gradiant tool on either forground to transparent or transparent stripes. You will need to click on the gradiant preview box to edit the gradient to your liking! and finally set the layer mode to overlay or soft light and experiment with the opacity.
I have just tried that approach on a woodland picture and I was impressed with the result, in fact I will use your idea again! I don’t see that a plug in is necessary by the way.
Having done one or two of these you could save the sunlight layer and drag into other compositions (you could rotate the image in order the have the sunlight falling the way you wish it to).

Harry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections