P
Posted By
pshaw
Apr 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
(i’ve posted this to other similar groups but i don’t think the posting came to this group- sorry if you’ve seen this – haven’t seen much about light boxes in the past few years)

i have been doing my printing on my 1/2 day off and weekends so that i could see my prints using day light. to try and be a bit more productive i just purchased a "just normlicht" light box … their "color communicator". they’re a german company with american headquarters in penn.

it is set to 5000k (though apparently other temperature bulbs are available) and will hold a 22 x 17.5 print – see
http://www.just-normlicht.de/us/shop/shop.asp?wag=adJUST+Col or+Communicator2

and i’m told there will be software to tie the light box to the eizo monitor so the monitor and light box will have not only the same temperature but light intensity. as i use an eizo monitor (checked weekly with an eye-one pro). i’m looking forward to getting this software 🙂 … i have photoshop set to 5000k of course.

not inexpensive but it allows me to work in the evenings and cloudy days. i know about ‘daylight’ halogens but i like the glare free quality of the box.

so far, i’m very pleased with both the eizo (the older cg210) and the light box; now i’m saving for the new 31" eizo! 🙂 …

i have no financial ties to either firm and pay hard earned $$ for all my stuff ….

steve

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections