Finished editing. How to get out of PE once and for all.

TB
Posted By
Thomas Brotherton
Aug 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I finish editing a photo and save it in My Documents. Why then can I not open it without going back into PE editor? I don’t want to see the editor every time I want to open a finished image. Please let it go when I am done editing. PE is like my ex-wife, –sooo possessive!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
JuergenDirrigl
Aug 14, 2003
Thomas,

It depends on the file type you are saving in and on the file association settings in Windows (assuming you are running WIN). If you save the file in PSD it will normally open in PE. If you save it in some other format, like JPG, you can set up the file association to open it in Explorer or some other application.
Go to >Tools>Folder Options>File Types to set you preference.

Juergen
TB
Thomas Brotherton
Aug 14, 2003
Thank You Juergen for your prompt reply. Yes, I am using Windows XP Home and generally save to "My Documents" as a JPEG file but the file will only open back in PE editor. I’ll try some other paths as you recommend. I have never looked in that "Folder Options" before and it looks like that will work. Thank You very much, Tom
PL
Paul L UK
Aug 14, 2003
Thomas

It is all going on here – <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.1dea523a>

Different question, but same answer

Paul

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections