Anyone knows how to compile files in PSE2?

F
Posted By
fidelfernandez
Dec 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have downloaded extra elements by Paul Shipley and he mention MAC users will have to recompile some files.
"These filters have been created with the Adobe Photoshop Filter Factory included with Photoshop 5 and will only work with the Windows versions of Elements 2. I have included the source files so that they can be re-compiled for the Mac."

I don’t have PS5 nor know how to compile them. I am using Phanter version and PSE2.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Fidel

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Joe_Henry1000
Dec 14, 2003
Fidel,

Compiling, as I understand it, is the process of taking a program written in a computer code, like C or C+ for example, and turning it into a platform specific application. This is done with special programing tools like xCode <http://www.apple.com/macosx/developertools>. It’s not something most people will be able to do. It’s for programers and developers who want to be able to offer their software on multiple platforms.

Hope this clears things up. Understand that I’m not a programer myself and my understanding of this is quite limited. If there are any programers out there maybe they can chime in and correct me if I’m wrong.

Joe
BB
brent_bertram
Dec 14, 2003
I’ve browsed my wife’s Photoshop 5 cd and it includes a Filter Factory plugin ( Windows version ) . There is a tutorial pdf file, so if you could acquire an old Mac version, I suspect it would be easy to compile the source files you have in your possession . Maybe "ebay" can solve your Photoshop 5 problem ?

🙂

Brent

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections