S
Posted By
steve
Jan 7, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Say I have a bunch of photos I want to edit in full edit. I select them in the oganizer then click full edit. But the Fast edit screen still opens and I have to click open for each picture. This just slows down the process, since I want to go straight to full edit. Is there a hot key or something that I can hold down so that when I open say 10 pictures from the organizer it doesnt open in Fast edit first.

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Bob
Jan 7, 2008
After you select the photos try Control+I (That’s "eye" not L)

"steve" wrote in message
Say I have a bunch of photos I want to edit in full edit. I select them in the oganizer then click full edit. But the Fast edit screen still opens and I have to click open for each picture. This just slows down the process, since I want to go straight to full edit. Is there a hot key or something that I can hold down so that when I open say 10 pictures from the organizer it doesnt open in Fast edit first.
Thanks
S
steve
Jan 7, 2008
On Jan 7, 10:05 am, "Bob" wrote:

Sadly Bob, that doesnt seem to work. It does indeed open the files I have selected but it still takes me to fast edit and requires that I open them individually.

Does it work on your PS?

Any other thoughts.

Regards
Steve.
P
Plaincity
Jan 7, 2008
I always only open bulk files from a folder without using the Adobe Viewer program. Never have a problem. Opens them all in the full edit function. "steve" wrote in message
On Jan 7, 10:05 am, "Bob" wrote:

Sadly Bob, that doesnt seem to work. It does indeed open the files I have selected but it still takes me to fast edit and requires that I open them individually.

Does it work on your PS?

Any other thoughts.

Regards
Steve.
S
steve
Jan 7, 2008
I know many people dont use the organiser, It can be a pain sometimes but Im sorta stuck with it.

Your suggestion is a reasonable one accept for the following problem which is the situation with me.

I have a whole bunch of photos that I have Tagged as Desktop Photos. eg I can use them as desktops for computer screens. They are "tagged" which of course means that they are not in one folder, they are in the virtual folder one might say in PS, tagged Desktop Photos. So I really can’t open one folder because physically they are all over the place. It would be an onerous task to copy them out of the many folders they are in and put them in one folder. After I have all the photos I use batch open files to convert them to bach process them. Do you understand my explanation of the problem.

I actually thought there was a setting/preference somewhere that you could turn off this option of fast edit. This is not the prefered way to do it since generally I want it to open. So I will have to turn the preference off and on again. But I cant really even find this, at least I thought it was there.

Regards
P
Plaincity
Jan 7, 2008
I understand what you are saying. Sorry – I just don’t know the answer as I never use the organizer. With over 20,000 jpegs on my various HDs, its too much for that to work quickly. That’s why I use folders. "steve" wrote in message
I know many people dont use the organiser, It can be a pain sometimes but Im sorta stuck with it.

Your suggestion is a reasonable one accept for the following problem which is the situation with me.

I have a whole bunch of photos that I have Tagged as Desktop Photos. eg I can use them as desktops for computer screens. They are "tagged" which of course means that they are not in one folder, they are in the virtual folder one might say in PS, tagged Desktop Photos. So I really can’t open one folder because physically they are all over the place. It would be an onerous task to copy them out of the many folders they are in and put them in one folder. After I have all the photos I use batch open files to convert them to bach process them. Do you understand my explanation of the problem.

I actually thought there was a setting/preference somewhere that you could turn off this option of fast edit. This is not the prefered way to do it since generally I want it to open. So I will have to turn the preference off and on again. But I cant really even find this, at least I thought it was there.

Regards
S
steve
Jan 7, 2008
mm well I guess I will get there where it all become too cumbersom.

Thanks anyway.
B
Bob
Jan 7, 2008
Do an Explorer search for Desktop Photos.
Save the search in a new folder.

"steve" wrote in message

Regards
JM
Joseph Meehan
Jan 7, 2008
I don’t know what to suggest. It works for me in both the new Vista and the last version of Windows.

"steve" wrote in message
Thanks

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
S
steve
Jan 7, 2008
mm sadly they are not named similarly. eg Desktops. they are all over the map.

Thanks. The alternative (although not really perfect) is to use the organizer to get the photos then export copiesto a differnt dir. then open them at once, process them and then delete the first exported folder. Pain, but there you are.

thanks.

Regards
D
DotCom
Jan 7, 2008
Steve,

I am using PSE version 6 and Vista but see if this works in your version. It works fine for me in PSE 6.
In the Organizer, hold down the Ctrl key and click on all the photos you want to edit , then right click and scroll down to Full Edit. All the files will open in the full editor just fine.
Hope that works for you.
dotcom

"steve" wrote in message
Thanks
S
steve
Jan 7, 2008
Sorry, but this does not work.

One important thing to note. This DOES WORK if the file is a .jpg. But the pictures I’m opening are .nef format or .dng. It DOES NOT WORK on those.

Anyone one else want to throw their 2 Cents in.

Regards
B
Bob
Jan 7, 2008
They do have a similar tag, correct?

"steve" wrote in message
mm sadly they are not named similarly. eg Desktops. they are all over the map.

Thanks. The alternative (although not really perfect) is to use the organizer to get the photos then export copiesto a differnt dir. then open them at once, process them and then delete the first exported folder. Pain, but there you are.

thanks.

Regards

S
steve
Jan 8, 2008
On Jan 7, 5:14 pm, "Bob" wrote:

Yes.
JM
Joseph Meehan
Jan 8, 2008
Bingo! I suspect that something is not recognizing the .dng file type. Now how to change that I don’t know.

"steve" wrote in message
Sorry, but this does not work.

One important thing to note. This DOES WORK if the file is a .jpg. But the pictures I’m opening are .nef format or .dng. It DOES NOT WORK on those.

Anyone one else want to throw their 2 Cents in.

Regards

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
S
steve
Jan 8, 2008
On Jan 8, 9:45 am, "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
    Bingo!  I suspect that something is not recognizing the .dng file type. Now how to change that I don’t know.

But the types do seem to be ok otherwise. Eg it recognizes them as photoship files etc. But it seems to treat them differntly when they are opening.

??
B
Bob
Jan 8, 2008
Then search for the tag.

tag:tagname

"steve" wrote in message
On Jan 7, 5:14 pm, "Bob" wrote:

Yes.
S
steve
Jan 8, 2008
On Jan 8, 10:47 am, "Bob" wrote:
Then search for the tag.

"steve" wrote in message

Yes.

Im sorry perhaps Im a dolt. But I dont understand how this helps. I can already just click on the tag say "sunsets" in my organizer and get all of the pictures to pop up. But then they all have to be individualy confirmed going from quick to full edit.

Regards
B
Bob
Jan 8, 2008
I’m responding to your request to "copy them out of the many folders they are in and put them in one folder"

"steve" wrote in message
On Jan 8, 10:47 am, "Bob" wrote:
Then search for the tag.

"steve" wrote in message

Yes.

Im sorry perhaps Im a dolt. But I dont understand how this helps. I can already just click on the tag say "sunsets" in my organizer and get all of the pictures to pop up. But then they all have to be individualy confirmed going from quick to full edit.

Regards
S
steve
Jan 8, 2008
Oh I see.

Ok thanks you

Regards
B
Bob
Jan 8, 2008
You’re welcome Steve.

"steve" wrote in message
Oh I see.

Ok thanks you

Regards
R
Roberto
Jan 11, 2008
The is a DNG converter and camera raw update download for versions 5&6 dated 11-15. Have you downloaded and installed that?
Dotcom

Here is the link:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=4 0&platform=Windows

"steve" wrote in message
Thanks
K
Kedunk
Mar 30, 2008
On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 06:42:59 -0800 (PST), steve wrote:

Path: textbe01-phx!hwmnpeer02.phx!hw-filter.phx!hwmnpeer01.phx!hwm npeer01.lga!news.highwinds-media.com!news.glorb.com!postnews .google.com!v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: adobe.photoshop.elements
Subject: Photoshop 5. How to open in full edit.
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 06:42:59 -0800 (PST)
Organization: http://groups.google.com
Lines: 8
Message-ID:
NNTP-Posting-Host: 207.236.109.123
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: posting.google.com 1199716979 21704 127.0.0.1 (7 Jan 2008 14:42:59 GMT) X-Complaints-To:
NNTP-Posting-Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:42:59 +0000 (UTC)
Complaints-To:
Injection-Info: v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com; posting-host=207.236.109.123; posting-account=5dEUnwkAAADop7OMqhpVbfNx7o9IPEm1
User-Agent: G2/1.0
X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
X-HTTP-Via: 1.1 mail.scottmission.com:3128 (Squid/2.4.STABLE6) Xref: Hurricane-Charley adobe.photoshop.elements:9801
X-Received-Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 07:43:13 MST (textbe01-phx) X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 080330-0, 03/30/2008), Inbound message X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

Thanks

I’m using a computer with Windows XP. From the organizer, click on the first window. Then, hold down the CTRL (control) key and select the remaining photos. When finished, release the control key. Click the down arrow to the right of Edit in the toolbar. Click Go To Full Edit. Your photos will be opened in the editor.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections