R
Posted By
RR2
Mar 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using an evaluation copy of Photoshop Elements 6 with the intent of buying it.
Yesterday I bought a book for it because the help files are worthless and Adobe didn’t see fit to include any kind of manual.
The book I bought is also pretty much worthless.

My Problem:
I have about 1000 photos (jpg and tiff) on my hard drive. I’d like these photos to all show up in the organizer function of the program. I’ve found I can do this if I go to each individual folder and select the files by name and import them. To accomplish this, I’ve tried to go to file>>get photos and videos>>>from files and folders. From there I hilight the folder that contains all the sub folders with my photos. The system grinds around a bit and counter indicates files are being imported. When it stops, I get a popup that says "import failed". Exactly what do I have to do to import my photos with this money pit? Picasa does it without skipping a beat and it’s free.

Thanks in advance for any help.

R

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bob
Mar 24, 2008
In the Organizer choose Get Files by Searching.

"RR2" wrote in message
I’m using an evaluation copy of Photoshop Elements 6 with the intent of buying it.
Yesterday I bought a book for it because the help files are worthless and Adobe didn’t see fit to include any kind of manual.

My Problem:
I have about 1000 photos (jpg and tiff) on my hard drive. I’d like these photos to all show up in the organizer function of the program. I’ve found I can do this if I go to each individual folder and select the files by name and import them. To accomplish this, I’ve tried to go to file>>get photos and videos>>>from files and folders. From there I hilight the folder that contains all the sub folders with my photos. The system grinds around a bit and counter indicates files are being imported. When it stops, I get a popup that says "import failed". Exactly what do I have to do to import my photos with this money pit? Picasa does it without skipping a beat and it’s free.

R
R
RR2
Mar 24, 2008
I tried that with the same result. It must be a problem with that particular computer. I’ve installed the demo/trial on my laptop and the organizer works with no problem.
On the one with the problem, I’ve done a system restore to a good point last week and now PSE won’t even install as it says it’s past the 30 day trial. This can’t be as it was just installed last week for the first time.

R

"Bob" wrote in message

"RR2" wrote in message

My Problem:

R
B
Bob
Mar 24, 2008
Are both PCs running the same Windows version?

What firewall, anti-virus application or security suite is installed on each PC?

"RR2" wrote in message
I tried that with the same result. It must be a problem with that particular computer. I’ve installed the demo/trial on my laptop and the organizer works with no problem.
On the one with the problem, I’ve done a system restore to a good point last week and now PSE won’t even install as it says it’s past the 30 day trial. This can’t be as it was just installed last week for the first time.

R

"Bob" wrote in message

"RR2" wrote in message

My Problem:

R
R
RR2
Mar 24, 2008
Good Morning,

Right, both are running Windows Vista. I’m running AVAST on one and AVG on the other for anti virus programs. Windows firewall on each with the same settings.

Normally, I’d use Paint Shop Pro, but they don’t cover the RAW format for my camera. I’ve used PSP for about 20 years or so and like it, but for RAW, PSE-6 appears to do everything I want. The organizer is really not that important to me, but it should work and doesn’t and I’m afraid that may indicate problems that could also affect the editor portion of the program.

"Bob" wrote in message
Are both PCs running the same Windows version?

What firewall, anti-virus application or security suite is installed on each PC?

"RR2" wrote in message

R

"Bob" wrote in message

"RR2" wrote in message

My Problem:

R

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections