P
Posted By
Phosphor
Aug 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, Ryan. First of all re the 300 x 300–that is the size your canvas should be, not the point size for the type. (I think you are doing the robouk tutorial? They give a point size later.) Anyway, you can set any point size you want in the type size window by just replacing the numbers that are there, even if you want a size that isn’t in the presets listed in the pulldown menu.

Bevel and emboss are in the layer styles palette in PE. You can’t EXACTLY duplicate the robouk tutorial, because there’s one command in it for the lighting adjustment that isn’t in PE, but you can get pretty close to their result.

Most of the tutorials for full photoshop need a bit of tweaking in PE, but an awful lot of them are doable. You just don’t always have so much control over the effects in PE. (BTW, if you didn’t know, you can adjust layer styles after you apply them by double-clicking the layer style icon (the fancy "f") in the layers palette).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RM
Ryan Murphy
Aug 1, 2003
Alrighty. Thank you so much. I have been flipping through pages and pages with nothing. =P Okay. I shall try the assault with this new ammunition… And about the fancy f, I haven’t been able to find it. Heh heh…I’ve seen a picture, though. I know it exists.
Again, thank you for the information. Much appreciated. 😀

-Ryan
P
Phosphor
Aug 1, 2003
the fancy f, I haven’t been able to find it. Heh heh…I’ve seen a picture, though. I know it exists.

You won’t see it until you apply a layer style. It’s what tells you that your layer has a style applied to it. After applying a style look at the layers palette and you should see it.

BTW, Ryan, a good tutorial that you don’t need a book for is to just create a blank document, then get out the shape tool and draw a shape, any one that you like. Then just start going through the various filters, effects and styles and try them all. See what each one does and how the effect changes when you stack them up. It’s fun and you will learn quite a bit about how PE operates

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections