Posted By
Clint
Mar 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

It seems that no matter what font I choose – and regardless of whether the caps lock key is on or not – my text in PSE 3 comes out in uppercase. I can’t seem to find anything in PSE 3 that allows me to enter text in lowercase. What am I missing? This must be something simple to fix.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
KatWoman
Mar 4, 2006
"Clint" wrote in message
Hi,

It seems that no matter what font I choose – and regardless of whether the caps lock key is on or not – my text in PSE 3 comes out in uppercase. I can’t seem to find anything in PSE 3 that allows me to enter text in lowercase. What am I missing? This must be something simple to fix.

I don’t have elements
is there a check box for use all caps in the font dialog? keyboard is stuck?
C
Clint
Mar 4, 2006
KatWoman wrote:
"Clint" wrote in message
Hi,

I don’t have elements
I can’t find any option in Elements that allows me to toggle the font to lower case. This shouldn’t be this hard to fix but apparently it is…. sigh.
T
toby
Mar 5, 2006
Clint wrote:
KatWoman wrote:
"Clint" wrote in message
Hi,

I don’t have elements
I can’t find any option in Elements that allows me to toggle the font to lower case. This shouldn’t be this hard to fix but apparently it is…. sigh.

I don’t know about Elements, but in Photoshop, you can apply an All Caps style to text. It’s in the Character palette. Does Elements have that palette?
C
Clint
Mar 5, 2006
toby wrote:
Clint wrote:
KatWoman wrote:
"Clint" wrote in message
Hi,

I don’t have elements

I don’t know about Elements, but in Photoshop, you can apply an All Caps style to text. It’s in the Character palette. Does Elements have that palette?
Hi Toby,

Not that I can find. A search thru PSE 3 help doesn’t turn up anything on the character palette.
C
Clint
Mar 5, 2006
toby wrote:
Clint wrote:
KatWoman wrote:
"Clint" wrote in message
Hi,

I don’t have elements

I found that resetting the text tool did the trick. Found that in the forums on photoshopelementsuser.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections