Posted By
Jodi Frye
Jul 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
had this on another thread but will post it here;

Stroke styles for vector text are done. They range from 1px to 10px in,out and center. At the moment I only have them in black. If i get enough votes for other colors and sizes in particular I will do them for you.

Click on my name to get my e-mail address and mail me if you want them.

Jodi’s text strokes~black
around 10kb

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 31, 2003
well you got them in the right place…perhaps a reboot is in order.

Anyone else having a problem ??
P
Phosphor
Jul 31, 2003
I plunked the .asl file into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2\Presets\Styles, then fired up PSE and the new Strokes is ready to run on my Layer Styles pallette.

It strokes more than just text!!

I’m liking it, and wishing that I could choose the color with the picker, or something.

I found I can adjust the width of the stroke with the Scale Effects option, but that appears to be the only Style setting to which I have access.

Cool tool!

Thanks, Jodi.

Byron
JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 31, 2003
Byron, i know what you mean about being able to change the color. I got to go check something out and see what i can do.
JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 31, 2003
hmmmmm, tried something( a few things )but it didn’t work. I do not know how to change the stroke color in the styles in Elements without rasterizing it. The beauty of full photoshop is that you create the stroke in the color,gradient or pattern you wish along with pixel size and blending mode. This will be eye opening to get an answer for this from my favorite Guru…Richard Coencas, where are you ??
RK
Richard Klimesh
Jul 31, 2003
Jodi, I didn’t know to look in the Layers Styles tab. Good to go now. Thanks again.
JF
Jodi Frye
Jul 31, 2003
Richard, glad you made that discovery…you had me nervous 😉
BK
Barb K
Aug 5, 2003
Jodi-

Just wanted to say Thanks! These are working out nicely. No problems with the install.

Barb
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 6, 2003
Barb, good to hear 😉

Ya if anyone wants the black stroke styles for text just mail me. Only 10kb- file. keeping text in Vector for print is what they are suited for.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections